[I’m sharing how I’ve known and interacted with Everyone, starting with the Aesir. The Vanir will be next, then the Rokkr, and then the category where I put those Who don’t seem to pick just one category.]
In my upg, Njord is Sigyn’s Foster-Father. This is how I’ve come to a upg-ish stance that Sigyn associates with the Vanir through having a Vanic upbringing. I’m sure I’ll come back to that later, but Njord has so many fatherly vibes. In terms of what I’ve done, I have two prayers that I alternated reading every other Thursday. I also occasionally wrote devotional poetry (often tied into holy days).
Njord’s holy days used to include a list of 1st of ____ seasonal indicators, dates corresponding to Walleye fishing seasons in Lake Erie, the Full moon in July, and Father’s Day. It’s changed away from that long list to the eight Vanic holy days associated with the Vanic Wheel of the Year. At the end of the first devotional lockdown, I found out that I needed to add in two more prayers, so there’s a different prayer for each Thursday, but I haven’t really been able to do that.
- Several shells a friend kindly brought back from a vacation spot on the Atlantic shoreline.
- The little water bottle [inside the bowl] has water from the Atlantic Ocean (same friend on same trip).
- – The paper bag that several things are sitting on is the bag my friend used to transport the stuff in. I’ve held onto for when I need to move these later.
- That blurry thing far right is a gift from a friend of handmade soap in the shape of a sea horse (it’s pale green and blue).
- A small painting done in 7th grade [I’ve kept all art projects forever] utilizing some technique that was suitable for a shoreline piece.
- A small blue cup.